The body has natural means to perform detoxification by working with several organs inside its own. Our liver is the major organ that detoxifies the system from harmful substances, the kidneys have filtration system, our skin performs sweating to eliminate toxins and even the lungs have its own way in exhaling unwanted substances. Even though these organs work together to protect the body from infection invasion, the toxins still get to be aggressive and hard to eliminate. Good thing, there are external ways to help the body detoxify further by doing diet regimens of cleansing. One of which is the brown rice diet.
What is brown rice diet?
This diet uses the full benefits of brown rice for body cleansing and other purposes. This type of diet is liberal in fiber but low in fat which makes it effective to achieve regular bowel movement with healthy weight loss. To do this diet program, simply follow these rules:
- Do not eat processed foods momentarily. In order for you to avoid jeopardizing the cleansing work of brown rice diet, it is good to avoid processed food items because they contain additives and preservatives that may produce free radicals. This includes frozen and canned foods, even dried ones or ready-to-cook convenient food items.
- Avoid consuming items that are high in fat. Fat is packed with calories but is lacking in nutrients. Be sure to attain a healthy weight by reducing the amount of fat in your daily meal. To do this, stay away from fast foods and opt for meals that are not fried.
- Invest more on brown rice. Since this diet uses a liberal amount of brown rice, it is good to consume this rice every meal. Yes, you can even eat this in the morning if possible. If not, make sure to eat three servings of this rice either for lunch, dinner or snacks. In this way, the fiber in this rice will work more than just cleansing but weight reduction as well.
- Hydrate properly. One way of ensuring an efficient body cleanse is to drink water. Water is a universal solvent, binding with harmful substances and washed out of the body. With proper hydration, not only toxins are eliminated but unwanted fats as well.
- Do not drink beverages with caffeine. Stay away from caffeine in order for you to lessen the accumulation of unwanted substances. Even though caffeine has wonderful benefits, it is not an essential substance needed to maintain body functions.
- Do regular exercise. To improve metabolism and sweat the toxins out, it is good to do regular exercise. Start by walking for 15 minutes and increase duration as the body tolerates.
These are the 6 rules and benefits of brown rice diet. As you may notice, all of these are only basics of what a healthy lifestyle is. A diet that is high in fiber and low in fat is already an evident of a safe weight loss. The added brown rice gives further detoxification and renewal of cell function. In this way, a holistic way of maintaining a normal weight is achieved.